The PENTAX SP 10x50 WP binoculars have high quality optics and will last long if used with care. They offer outstanding views of the Moon and you can also see Jupiter's four galilean moons with these binoculars. Bright deep sky objects like some open and globular clusters as well as a few galaxies are also accessible through these binoculars. Bright comets like Comet NEOWISE C/2020 F3 during their close passage by Earth reveal themselves in their full splendour through the PENTAX SP 10x50 WP binoculars. Due to their light weight as well as rugged construction, they can also be used for watching birds and wildlife, sporting events, ships at sea etc.
- Fully multi-coated optics
- Protective lens coating
- Nitrogen purged
- Unique Hydrophobic coating
- Aspherical lens elements
- Magnesium alloy construction
- Highly portable makes it an ideal companion for travelling
- Well suited for outdoor use due to its robust construction
- Long eye relief making it comfortable for eyeglass wearers
- Wide field astronomical observation
- Lunar observation
- Mounting on a tripod or monopod recommended for stargazing
- Suitable for bright deep sky objects
- Observing bright comets during their close passage of Earth
- Contrast rich observation
- Fully multi-coated optics provide maximum light transmission resulting in clear and sharp images. PENTAX applies multiple layers of coating to every optical surface including prisms of these binoculars. Maximizing the amount of light passing through a lens prevents flare and ghosting from interfering with your view.
- A nano technology coating applied by PENTAX protects these binoculars by deflecting water, oil, dust and dirt. Hence the PENTAX SP 10x50 WP binoculars can withstand harsh viewing conditions.
- Outstanding refractive index offered by the BaK4 glass prism gives a perfectly round exit pupil and clear, unvignetted image.
- PENTAX SP 10x50 WP binoculars are waterproof and enjoy JIS Class 6 rating.
- Water droplets on a lens hamper the ability of light entering the objective lens. PENTAX uses a water repellent coating on all outer lenses that makes water drops "bead" into small, deformed droplets. Deformed droplets cause less distortion and "slide" more easily off the lens. PENTAX SP 10x50 WP remain fully operational even in rain, snow, fog or condensing breath.
- Aspherical lens design of PENTAX SP 10x50 WP binoculars provides edge-to-edge sharpness which in turn results in comfortable viewing. Aspherical lens elements reduce aberration to a minimum.
- PENTAX uses nitrogen to "purge" binoculars off of the high humidity air that is part of our environment. Nitrogen enjoys a low humidity factor that prevents condensation from forming on the internal lenses of binoculars during phases of rapid temperature change. Moreover, since nitrogen is purged into the binocular at slightly above atmospheric pressure, dust and other minuscule particles are prevented from entering the housing.
- Long eye relief offered by PENTAX SP 10x50 WP binoculars allows the viewer to see the entire field of view clearly and effortlessly. This is helpful for eyeglass wearers and allows viewing for extended periods of time without added eye strain.
- PENTAX SP 10x50 WP's body is built from magnesium which adds toughness while keeping the binoculars light in weight. The exterior rubber coating makes these binoculars resistant to shocks and impacts.
- Helicoid three-stop eyepiece rings allow for fine adjustment for maximum viewing comfort.
|Type of Prism||Porro prism|
|Objective Lens Diameter||50 mm|
|Angular Field of View||5.0°|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 m)||87 m|
|Exit Pupil||5 mm|
|Eye Relief||20 mm|
|Close Focus||5.5 m|
|Prism Glass (Type)||BaK4|
|Environmental Protection||JIS Class 6 waterproof|
|Lens Coatings||Fully multi-coated with protective lens coating|
|Included Items||Objective Lens Caps | Case | Neck strap | Eyepiece covers|
|Dimensions||178 mm (length) x 183 mm (width) x 79 mm (height)|
|Warranty||Limited 30 year warranty|
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with this optic. Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.