Celestron's NexYZ 3-Axis Universal Smartphone Adapter is currently one of the best products available on the market for astroimaging or digiscoping. The NexYZ is a simple solution for capturing beautiful images and videos with your smartphone.
- NexYZ works with telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars and microscopes.
- NexYX can accommodate virtually all smartphone models, including the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, and Google.
- NexYZ features three directional knobs for the X, Y and Z axis that perfectly align your phone’s camera with the eyepiece in no time. Furthermore, you can make tension adjustments to hold the phone firmly in place.
- Thanks to its robust and durable construction with a metal frame and polymer body, it can withstand rigorous field use.
- Astroimaging or digiscoping for eyepieces from 35 mm to 60 mm in diameter including telescopes with 1.25" or 2" eyepieces, spotting scopes, monoculars and binoculars.
- It can also be attached to a microscope with the help of an included adapter ring, taking its usable diameter further down to 25 mm which is the size of a standard microscope eyepiece.
- Beautiful images of the Moon, planets of the Solar system, binary stars, deep sky objects like open clusters, globular clusters and galaxies without spending significant amount of time and money on expensive gear, complex tutorials and interminable post-processing.
- Streaming videos of celestial objects visible through your telescope or binoculars for astronomical outreach and educational activities.
- Ideal equipment for star parties where multiple participants are keen to take their own photograph of the celestial object being observed and conserve a souvenir of the event.
- An adjustable phone platform means the NexYZ can accommodate smartphones of a wide variety of sizes including the larger 'phablets' like iPhone 12 and the latest Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Thanks to a strong metal spring and threaded twist lock, the NexYZ offers a secure platform that can accept the weight of heavier mobile phones with ease.
- You also have the possibility to tighten the tension on each axis for a customised secure connection. To do so, please refer to NexYZ Tension Adjustment Guide.
- 3-axis adjustment is what makes the NexYZ unique. NexYZ allows you to precisely position your smartphone over the eyepiece until you have the entire field of view in your photograph. This is achieved thanks to three knobs that let you move your smartphone along the X, Y and Z axes. This unique feature provides NexYZ more flexibility to take high quality images and videos.
- Moreover, this precise adjustment is relatively fast. With practice, you can insert your mobile phone into NexYZ, attach NexYZ to the eyepiece, start the camera app and adjust your mobile phone's position along X, Y and Z axes in less than a minute.
- Thanks to its intuitive design, you can switch mobile phones, eyepieces and optical instruments with relative ease. NexYZ’s simple spring-loaded clamps make it easy to remove one device and replace it with another in seconds.
- Furthermore, you can go from portait mode to landscape mode simply by turning the padded eyepiece clamp and readjusting the X, Y and Z axis to realign your phone with the eyepiece.
|Compatible Optics||Telescopes, Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Monoculars and Microscopes|
|Eyepiece Clamp Style||Spring Loaded with lock down knob|
|Eyepiece Clamp Range||35 mm - 60 mm (1.37" - 2.36")|
|Phone Clamp Style||Easy load with internal spring|
|Phone Clamp Range||65 mm - 90 mm (2.55" - 3.54")|
|Fine Adjustment Style||X,Y,Z motion - controlled by knobs with rack and pinion system|
|Materials||Cast Metal and Injection molded Fiber reinforced Plastic|
|Accessories||2x Adapters for microscope eyepieces|
|Dimensions (closed)||165.1 mm x 139.7 mm x 107.95 mm (6.50" x 5.50" x 4.25")|
|Weight||10 oz (283 g)|
Awards & Press
- Sky & Telescope's Hot Products 2019 Award : "Celestron's NexYZ 3-Axis Universal Smartphone Adapter is the first we've seen with the ability to precisely tweak the camera's distance from the eyepiece and thus allows capturing the optimum field of view."
- Astronomy Now : "Every astronomical society should have a Celestron NexYZ handy during public open evenings."
- Personally, I would advice you to remove your mobile phone case in order to reduce the distance between the mobile phone and eyepiece and hence improve image quality.
- NexYZ does not work with riflescopes.