Thanks to its huge 80 mm objective lens, these binoculars possess and benefit from increased light gathering capacity which offers beautiful views of bright deep sky objects. Although these binoculars are bulky, mounting them on a tripod or monopod is much faster than setting up a telescope. Good quality BaK-4 prisms and multi-coated optics provide the much desired clear and sharp views for astronomical as well as terrestrial observation over long distances.
- 20x magnification porro prism binocular
- Giant 80 mm objective lens
- Ultra sharp focus across the field of view
- Multi-coated optics
- Protective rubber covering for ultra-firm grip
- Large center focus knob for easy focusing
- Integrated tripod adapter rod
- Long eye relief ideal for eyeglass wearers
- Soft carrying case included for travel and safe storage
- Limited warranty for 2 years
- This pair of binoculars is suitable for terrestrial as well as astronomical observation
- Bright deep sky objects look beautiful in these binoculars
- Lunar observation
- Faster set up compared to a telescope
- These binoculars are bulky. Hence mounting them on a tripod or monopod is essential (strongly recommended)
- They are an excellent companion to amateur astronomers who travel
- 20x magnification makes this binocular ideal for astronomical observation
- Giant 80 mm objective lens offer increased light gathering capacity which in turn offers maximum image brightness in low-light and long-range conditions
- Multi-coated optics provide sharp as well as clear views
- Night sky observation requires binoculars to be stable. This stability can be achieved by mounting these binoculars on a tripod or monopod using the integrated tripod adapter rod.
|Objective Lens Diameter||80 mm (3.15")|
|Angular Field of View||3.7°|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) / @1000 m)||195 ft (65 m)|
|Exit Pupil||4 mm (.15")|
|Eye Relief||18 mm (.71")|
|Close Focus||108 ft (33 m)|
|Interpupillary Distance (max)||72 mm (2.83")|
|Interpupillary Distance (min)||56 mm (2.20")|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||-4 to +8|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||Ideal: 12.02 | Moderate: 11.02 | Poor: 10.02|
|Prism Glass (Type)||BaK-4|
|Weight||75 oz (2126 g)|
|Environmental Protection||Water Resistant|
|Dimensions||228 mm x 120 mm x 325 mm (9.0" x 4.7" x 12.8")|
|Included Items||Objective lens caps | Rainguard | Carrying case | Neck strap | Lens cloth | Instruction manual|
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with this optic. Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.